Bailey wood plane

by John
(Columbus, Ohio)

I have a Bailey wood plane.... I think it's a model #35. It has a wood base and "BAILEY" on the front metal part by the wood knob. I'm missing the metal part that clamps or locks the sliding metal shaving blade. Any idea where I could purchase this part?

Comments for Bailey wood plane

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 15, 2010
Plane Part
by: Tom in Vermont

The tote is the rear handle. The blade has a part screwed on top of it called a chipbreaker or capiron. They are held in place by a lever cap, which sounds like the part you're looking for. The Stanley No. 35 has a 2" wide levercap, and although the original had a textured surface any 2" Stanley levercap will fit as will copies made by many other manufacturers.

Oct 23, 2009
Wood Plane part identified
by: John in Columbus

I found out that the missing part that I need for my Baily model 35 plane is called a tote lever. I would appreciate it if any one would know where I could purchase this part. Thank you in advance.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Antique Woodworking Tool Photos.



More Old Woodworking Tool Links

  • Delta Woodworking Tools
  • Craftsman Woodworking Tools
  • Rockwell Woodworking Tools
  • Oliver Woodworking Tools
  • Boice Crane Woodworking Tools
  • Walker Turner Woodworking Tools

Delta Tool Parts for Sale

Delta Table Saw Parts
Delta Band Saw Parts
Delta Scroll Saw Parts
Delta Jointer Parts
Delta Shaper Parts
Delta Disc Sander Parts
Delta Belt Sander Parts
Delta Wood Lathe Parts