Old Draw Knife

by Kenny Reid
(Cowpens S.C.)

I have a old type of draw knife , I was wondering what it;s called and used for ? the best I can describe is as follows, it;s about 16 inches long with removable blades in the knife part held in place by screws , the blade is straight , not curved , the handles are attached at different angles , on one end the handle runs long ways with the blade and the other end handle is attached cross ways , like the top of the letter T, the knife itself looks like the letter T. If you could give me any information about this knife i would greatly appreciate it .
Thank you
Kenny Reid

Comments for Old Draw Knife

Average Rating starstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 15, 2011
about your tool
by: Tom

I have somthing very much like the one you have mentioned but mine is like a regular draw knife but cross bare where blade would normaly be is in a bent positions and in center it as a thumb set screw for tighting the blade in place. there is a number on the blade number 7 and is straight cut about 1 inch to 1 and 1/4 inches wide. ca hold diferent attachments for cutting
like a small scoop, a dished cutter a V grove type cutter
all types

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Antique Woodworking Tool Photos.



More Old Woodworking Tool Links

  • Delta Woodworking Tools
  • Craftsman Woodworking Tools
  • Rockwell Woodworking Tools
  • Oliver Woodworking Tools
  • Boice Crane Woodworking Tools
  • Walker Turner Woodworking Tools

Delta Tool Parts for Sale

Delta Table Saw Parts
Delta Band Saw Parts
Delta Scroll Saw Parts
Delta Jointer Parts
Delta Shaper Parts
Delta Disc Sander Parts
Delta Belt Sander Parts
Delta Wood Lathe Parts